Monday, April 23, 2012

Chocolates & Sharing!


There has been a problem with me as some people say, I just can’t eat chocolates alone!!! I find the whole purpose of enjoying a yummy calorie-full :p bar of mood uplifting chocolate, dead, if I eat it alone! ;)

In my school days, I was called the “chocolate girl” coz I used to always carry chocolates to school and give it away to my friends in the classroom and make sure that they eat it during the class. Esp. in accounts class, poor thing, the teacher was new and dint know any of our names and she was a lil docile. All due respect and apologies to her, we have really had the most amazing times in her class! Studying in her lectures was the last thing we did ;) esp. me, deesha and abina. Those classes and chocolates are where, I got my lifelong friends from.

The “silsila” continued in manifolds in college days. I remember, in my law school days, (2004-2009) there was a friend / classmate / hostel mate called Anna…she knew of this and till the end of the hostel days, if I am not wrong, I never ate a chocolate alone, if I saw her around anywhere….that was fun…the content that I get when I share a chocolate is indefinable!

And luckily this sharing the chocolate craze never really ended. It followed even when I started working. Be it simmi, bhavik, prachiti, charmy, digant and even my boss, loves eating and sharing chocolates!!!! It’s so super fun to have like minds around (esp. for chocolates ;) …)

Sadly, I am a chronic migraine sufferer, and so chocolate is a BIG no –no for me, but who cares, if I crave for one, I don’t think again, I just grab my favorite chocolate (I never had a favorite one, it was always on my mood :D) share  it with someone and relish the chocolate and the moment.

But these days, my hands are tied! I am undergoing a treatment for migraine (Some millioneth time I guess) and for the two months of treatment, I am not allowed chocolates and the restriction is pretty stringent!!! :( So I am off chocolates…but that doesn’t stop me from writing about chocolates, see??? ;)

Was flipping through some old pictures and messages and notes and got to thinking that, is it the chocolates that really lift up the gloomy mood or is it the joy of sharing? But then again, I thought, you would generally wanna share your chocolates, even the favorite ones with the people you dearly love! You would fight over it, have a hit & run ;) {Literally} and sometimes even dearly wish for your sibling or spouse or friends to forcefully take your chocolate or take a big bite of it …happens with me…. I hate it when my dad bites away the end of a Ice cream Cone (as it is always filled with melted chocolate) but sometime when he is not interested in taking that bite, I feel sad and really wish he would pounce on it and eat it away!!!!

So I guess it’s not just the chocolates neither it is just the sharing, it’s both together… it’s about “Sharing the Chocolates”!!! :) I can for sure say that chocolates are no fun to eat or hog  :D if they aren’t shared with people you love!!!



*hoping these two months get over quickly so I can get back to eating & sharing chocolates like before!!!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment